The vision for the National Women’s Council is to be a hub of resources, training, and collaboration between practitioners who desire to create more gender inclusive workplaces. Our intent was to create a center that would advance the conversations on gender equity while considering the definition of gender more expansively. As a result, the National Women’s Council is the first of its kind to center marginalized women in the workplace in broader efforts of creating gender equity.
The National Women’s Council was launched at a critical cultural moment: the 50th anniversary of Title IX, the dismantlement of Roe v. Wade, and the legislative attack on transgender women in society. At the same time, many organizations are advancing their efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion, implementing transgender inclusive healthcare policies, providing abortion and birth control access, and expanding their definition of families in their benefit packages.
The National Women’s Council is envisioned to continue this historic struggle to both create inclusive workplaces and societies, first, by transforming individuals through education, and second, by impacting organizational policies, processes, and practices. To these ends, in 2022-2023, we have partnered with Willing Observers, LLC, experts in culture, race, gender, equity, and whiteness, to provide training and opportunities for coaching and leadership development.
Now more than ever, it is important that we all acknowledge the role we play in society as individuals, whether by intent or neglect. I welcome you and your organization to join us in this journey to self-awareness, education, and transformation of ourselves and our communities.
National Diversity Council
Articles on Dennis Kennedy
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder, Energy Diversity & Inclusion Council
- In His Quest For Social Justice, Dennis Kennedy Launches New Energy Diversity Council
- Dennis Kennedy Founder of the National Diversity Council: “If I could inspire a movement, it would definitely be providing more opportunities for youth in inner cities to reach their full potential, while focusing on education reform.”
- Barack Obama Touts Tolerance, Inclusion, Texas Barbecue at Dallas Diversity Conference
- The Recipe to Individual Success? Barack Obama says Innovation, Hard Work, and Resilience
- Embracing Diversity - Southwest Airlines Supports Inclusion and Equality at Every Level.
- How to Leverage Generational Diversity
- 'Justice Will Prevail,' Chancellor Tells Campus Diversity Conference
- Hispanic/Latino Summit to Address Pressing Social Issues
- Dennis Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dennis Kennedy Meets Colin Powell, 2007
- Dennis Kennedy Gives $20,000 To Fund College Scholarships
- Diversity Awareness Council Formed by Professor at UTSA
- Learning Curve
- Speaker at Youth Program
- Dennis Kennedy's Photo Gallery